Bones for Life
IMMERSION or CERTIFICATION
An online and in-person training
Dual certification possible or chose one
Too many people are walking around feeling the weight of the world. Gradually the posture slumps. Joints decay. Anxiety abounds. Relationship suffers. Potential just isn’t realized. From years of experience, personal and professional, we know it doesn’t have to be this way.
If you have ever wanted to immerse yourself in these two fields or learn to work with others to transform lives, grab this incredible opportunity.
What can you gain and help others gain too?
That traumatic event that has ruled a good chunk of your life? That can be turned around painlessly and quickly.
The feeling that you don’t know how to adapt within this unpredictable world isn’t really true. You can realize a different reality. And you can help others too with your new skills.
Cynthia Allen Senior Trainer in Movement Intelligence, Certified Feldenkrais® Practitioner and co-creator of Integral Human Gait theory
Brian Shircliff Bones for Life® Teacher, Certified Feldenkrais® Practitioner and Healing Touch Certified Practitioner
Larry Wells, M. Div, MSW Master Practitioner/Trainer/Consulting in Neuro Linguistic Programming Sounder Sleep System® Teacher
Bones for Life
We invite you to join us in this transformative training. Deepen your inner knowing, become an expert on your own body, move with elegance, respect yourself, and navigate with power. Move the way nature intended.
Cynthia Allen and Brian Shircliff have each been dramatically changed through this work and have witnessed incredible unfolding and growth for so many others.
This program consists of 90 fast-acting exercise processes. The safe, weight-bearing movements challenge bones to be strong and sturdy while improving balance and coordination. Created by Ruthy Alon, a somatic pioneer and student of Moshe Feldenkrais, the work masterfully blends function, learning and skeletal alignment.
Inspired by load bearing, African women who do an incredibly difficult job with grace and efficiency, you will learn to stand and walk by using gravity the way it was meant to be used. This approach promotes neuroplasticity and posture and balance from the inside out.
Professional Learning Objectives include:
- Perform movement processes that alter and enhance the organization of the rib cage and thoracic spine.
- Discover how creeping and crawling improve core strength for standing.
- Articulate the dynamic relationship between the 3 spinal curves and the extremities.
- Gain a felt sense of optimal relationships not only between body parts, but also between self and environment.
- Teach others to get up and down from the floor, chair and bed efficiently and with ease.
- Gain expertise in providing appropriate and progressive levels of challenge in a functional situation without overwhelming the system.
- Effectively coach the release of unnecessary neuromuscular holding patterns.
- Use vibratory “press and release” motions against everyday surfaces in multiple planes to enhance proprioception and joint alignment.
- Understand tenets of Bones for Life® and discuss how they directly relate to the services of those individuals working in helping fields, specifically in the areas of education, professional competence, and self-care.
- Comprehend the value of using Bones for Life® processes to optimize and fine tune the capacity for weight bearing with ideal alignment of trunk and upper and lower extremities when exercising and completing activities of daily living.
- Realize the value of “trial and error” learning in expanding strength and function.
- Optimize balanced neuromuscular action throughout the whole body.
- Access the human evolutionary potential in all aspects of body, mind, and spirit through core reorganization.
Phase 1: Basic certification for your own health and a required prerequisite for teacher training. 60 hours
Phase 2: Advanced study of the processes including team and individual analysis and presentations. 90 hours. Outside of the classroom you will need to do student teaching and mentoring to become a certified teacher.
Neuro Linguistics Programming
Excellence occurs when there is congruence between behaviors, capabilities, beliefs/values and mission. This is the power of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP). Through this discipline, activate the body/mind
potential to generate new behaviors and develop personal excellence.
NLP processes enable you to reconcile
competing or conflicting motivations quickly and easily. Not only will you learn how to achieve you own goals and desired outcomes, you will be able to guide others (colleagues, friends, family) to discover how to achieve their goals.
Gain skills in:
- Communicating so others can understand
- Creating the life you want
- Helping others create the life they want
- Finding solutions to intractable situations
- Resolving internal conflicts
- Managing your emotions
- Widening horizons/increasing options
- Getting and staying motivated to achieve
Become competent in:
- Building and maintaining rapport
- Reading and using physiological cues
- Strategies for motivation, decision making,
creativity and learning
- Creating well-formed outcomes
- Constructive analysis
Learn these powerful techniques:
- Creating a circle of excellence
- Personal history change
- Fast phobia cure
- Visual squash
- State change/trance induction
Go beyond cognitive learning and get this new learning into your muscle/body. Experience and practice many NLP techniques that will open doors to living life more fully.
Location: Future Life Now, LLC is located in the Dillard Center at 791, E. McMillan Street, Cincinnati, OH 45206
All programs require a deposit. You can pay the balance before the start of the program or claim a payment plan. Click on the Learn More/Register button for all the details.
$3900 (savings of $600)
Cynthia Allen is one of the most experienced Bones for Life® trainers in the United States. She has been working in holistic practices, health care management and organizational consulting for over 30 years. She is a Certified Feldenkrais® practitioner, Senior Trainer in Movement Intelligence and Certified Bones for Life® Teacher/Trainer. Cynthia is also co-creator of Integral Human Gait theory.
In addition to teaching weekly classes and seeing clients individually, Cynthia trains and certifies Movement Intelligence teachers around the country and teaches Gait for Wild Human Potential workshops as well as other continuing education opportunities. She has a keen interest in reducing chronic pain and increasing pleasure through awareness and movement.G
Brian Shircliff pioneered teaching a meditation elective and bringing meditation to the two sports he coaches while a teacher at St. Xavier High School (1997-2003). With many friends, Brian founded VITALITY Cincinnati in 2010 to share holistic self-care education.
In addition to being a Bones for Life® Teacher, he has been a tai chi practitioner/teacher since 1997, yoga teacher (registered through Yoga Alliance as an E-RYT500), Healing Touch Certified Practitioner, and recently a Certified Feldenkrais® Practitioner.
Larry Wells is a Certified
Trainer/Consultant and a
member of the Global NLP
Training and Consulting
Community. Larry also has
training in Spiral Dynamics and organizational development. He has worked in schools,
churches, sales, and for profit and
non-profit corporations. He is a Sounder Sleep System® teacher and the founder of Future Life Now, LLC.
We provide both tentative schedules interwoven here so you can see how dual certification works. However, you can download individual schedules below.
We are able to make minor modifications to the schedule based on feedback. Time for the online schedule will be set in conjunction with all the participants. Online will be in 4 hour increments.
Apricot = Neuro Linguistic Programming
Blue = Bones for Life®