Priesthood of All Believers | April 24 and 25
There are so many people in need and part of our role as a Christian is to serve others, to connect and support them in good and difficult times. Let’s grow your skill in doing that in a way that is meaningful to both you and others.
Groesbeck United Methodist Church is sponsoring this training for those who feel they need help in relating to themselves and others in a more Christian way.
What you can expect to learn:
- Presuppositions that will transform how you understand and interact with others.
- Advanced communication skills including listening
- How to build and maintain rapport
- People reading via noting physiological changes including “It’s in the eyes
- Getting clear and concise information
- Dealing with emotions and criticism
- Answers and responses to questions and issues raised during the training
This ten-hour course (Friday evening 6:00 to 9:00, and Saturday 9:00 to 5:00 with lunch included) is on April 24 and 25.
The format for each segment of the training is (1) a presentation of cognitive information – usually a short lecture about a specific skill, (2) a demonstration of that skill, (3) participants will practice the skill, and (4) regroup to debrief the experience
The training is a ministry of Future Life Now and will be conducted by Larry Wells, M. Div., MSW, who is a Master Practitioner and Certified Trainer and Consultant of Neuro Linguistic Programming. He was a UMC pastor in Missouri prior moving to Cincinnati in 1993 and is Organizational Assistant at Groesbeck UMC.
The cost is $100 per person which includes lunch, snacks and materials.
Location: Groesbeck United Methodist Church, 8871 Colerain Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45251